Composition Challenge: FRAMING: My model Mya

After my sister Anne spotted this open window frame in an old building at the Morrow's farm, I quickly snapped nearly 50 different photos of Mya peeking through. Although extremely difficult to choose my favorites, these are definitely towards the top of the list. Both illustrate the composition principle of "framing." In the color image, I used Aperture adjustments to enhance the vibrancy, exposure, and edge sharpen. I pulled up my Highlights and Shadows sliders as well as Mya was somewhat hidden in the shadows. I straightened a tad to get the lines straighter, and cropped to focus more on Mya and less on the window space.

In the second (top) image, I ran the "Black and White Beauty" and "Quick Edge Burn" actions in Photoshop before exporting out of Aperture to publish.



0 comments:

Post a Comment